216.

That's how many people bought my online course when I launched it.

I was THRILLED. That was beyond my wildest expectation.

My goal was 50. I sold over 200. The months of sweat and stress had finally paid off, and I was incredibly relieved (and happy) that my course wasn't a dud.

But the excitement of the launch faded quickly.


The next THREE MONTHS passed without a single new customer. 

I didn't know what to do.

"How on earth would I sustain this?"

"Was I a one hit wonder?"

"I MUST figure out how to get sales every day for this to work!"

I woke up early the next morning. Opened my laptop at the bar in our kitchen. And literally typed into Google. "How do I make sales every day?" And somehow the internet gods presented to me an article that changed the direction of my business...

The title was: "10 Tips To Get 100,000 Users With $0 Budget"

"Tip 1: Make a great product so people tell their friends"

Awesome. Super helpful. I guess my product sucks because if people were telling others about it, no one was buying. Stupid article. 

But then I read Tip #2: 

"Partner with similar companies and create benefit for them to email their audience."

That was it!!!

I had no budget. No clue how to do ads. And I knew I didn't want to continue doing these super stressful launches. But I had recently discovered podcasts. And I knew that podcasts hosts actively look for people to interview.

I WAS GOING TO DO A PODCAST TOUR!

The value I'd give the podcast host would be an interview they could share with their audience and in return I'd get discovered by their audience. 

I sketched out a quick plan: 

  1. Email a ton of podcast hosts and tell them my story 
  2. They'll interview and promote me to their audience
  3. I'll get discovered by 1000s of people 
  4. They'll find my site, join my list and buy my products

And I did it! I went on 20 podcasts over the next 90 days.

  • Smart Passive Income 
  • Mixergy
  • Side Hustle Nation
  • How'd you get into that
  • And 16 more! 

Every time I did an interview I got a big spike in traffic to my website, email list and picked up a few thousand dollars in sales!!
 

It was ON!!!

During that first podcast tour I picked up 10,000 new subscribers and over $100,000 in revenue, And all I did was show up to an interview 1-2 times a week. The podcast host did everything else.

They had a big audience and did all the marketing for me!
 

I had just stumbled onto partnership marketing. 
 

Partnership Marketing is when someone else promotes you to their audience. They do all the marketing for you. You just provide them content or commissions in return. And unlike other marketing strategies like ads and social media you don't have to be great at marketing. The partner does all the marketing for you. 

It's kind of like fishing in a barrel versus fishing in the ocean.

  • Fishing in the ocean is complicated, requires lots of skill and gear. It's a pain.
  • Fishing in a barrel is a cheat code. Someone has gathered up all the fish. LIterally just dip your line in the water and you'll catch fish.

Now, you might have never done a podcast interview before and it might sound intimidating. That's why doing a Podcast Tour is the simplest way to get started with partnership marketing It's SO simple. Basically no prep. Just show up, answer a few questions and get a big spike in traffic and sales. 

And this doesn't just work for me.

Over the last 8 years I've coached 100s of my clients on how to use Podcast Tours and similar partnership marketing strategies to grow their business to 6-figures per month in revenue.

 

For example: 

Dustin Reichman is in e-commerce. He sells healthy meat snacks. Think Slim Jim but keto. He hired me to help him to scale his business and within 90 days had been featured on 3 podcasts, grown his revenue by $10,000 per month and is in talks to have his product distributed in Walmart!

Here is what he had to say: 

"It's like no stress compared to a lot of the other ways we have to market."

And I'd like to help you do exactly what Dustin and I did. I'd like to help you grow your online business by getting companies and influencers in your space to promote you to their audience without having to pay them.

That's why I created Unfair Advantage, my monthly one-on-one coaching program. You canl QUICKLY get the top companies and influencers in your industry to promote you to their audience.
 

This is how it works:

First, I will learn everything about your business, story and offer.

Second, I'll search my rolodex and your industry for the perfect companies to promote you.

Third, I'll reach out to them with you to book your first Podcast Tour.

Then we'll work alongside you to make sure your marketing is setup to convert the traffic and leads into sales in your business. 

So, if having companies and influencers in your industry promote you to their audience seems intriguing to you, let's talk about how this would work for you and if my coaching program would be a good fit. 

Schedule a call to talk with us now.

 

Bryan