In this email, I'll share how I use Twitter to write emails that convert.

1. I believe that Twitter is the most undervalued social media platform.

2. If used well, it can be a superpower.

3. My primary use for Twitter is to test ideas.

4. This is how it works

  • I'll write out the concept or idea
  • Twitter forces brevity
  • Makes the ideas tighter
  • If it works on Twitter...
  • Turn it into an email
  • Build out the idea fully
  • Tell the GT audience about it

5. You've heard of product validation? This is content validation.

6. Many Tweets that I think will work, don't

Example #1: Marketing tip
Example #2: Not a product launch

7. Every now and then, one takes off.

Example #1: Answer 3 questions within 60 seconds 
Example #2: $100 writing tip

8. If the concept and writing caught the attention of my Twitter followers, it will probably do the same for our newsletter audience.

For example…
This Tweet became this email.

And that email produced over $20,000 in sales for the company,

9. To find your best old Tweets to turn into emails, use Twitonomy.com. It will make a spreadsheet like this.

10. Or use the Twitter search parameter: "From:harris_bryan min_faves:50" and put your name in place of mine.

11. Or to have even more fun, put in other people's names. Find their most popular tweets and build upon those ideas.

12. If you want to see what I'm thinking about and what emails are coming out next, follow me on Twitter. It's the laboratory.

Enjoy!

-Bryan