Use this 3-part marketing plan to thrive during COVID-19

Growth Tools

Yesterday we talked about going on the offensive in your business instead of "waiting to see what happens with COVID-19 panic". Read it if you missed it.  

Many of you were inspired by that message.

Here is a note from my friend Nat: 

Image

And another from a subscriber:

Image

However, It's one thing to be excited and another to know what to actually do. 

So, how do you go on the OFFENSIVE? 

There are 3 questions you need to ask:

1. Do I actually have a problem? 

2. What key number can I focus on that would fix my problem?

3. What 3-5 things could I do that would give me a 90% or greater chance to hit my number? 

I'll go into detail on each of these questions and share our plan in the rest of this email. 

Use this method to crush your anxiety and concerns. I've found that when I'm full of fear and doubt, that's a signal that I need an objective plan to focus on. This is the plan!

Question #1: Do I actually have a problem? 

Many I talked to in response to yesterdays email were stressed and anxious. But after asking them a handful of questions it turned out that their business hadn't actually suffered any ill effects to date. 

Pro Tip™: Make sure you have an actual problem before you try to find a fix.

If your sales haven't dipped, you might have nothing to worry about. 

But for some, they are experiencing a dip.

For example...

Our sales were just above average last week. But we had an influx of leads from a source that inflated our numbers. If those leads were removed from the picture we were actually down 35% from the previous week. 

Since we won't have that lead type in the mix this week or next, I'm  expecting a significant drop in sales. Do we have a problem? Highly likely.  

Do you have a problem? Investigate to see if anything is broken. Don't mess with things that aren't broken. 

Question #2: What key number can I focus on that would fix my problem?

Revenue is the ultimate number you want to get up, but you can't directly affect it.

So, instead of obsessing over revenue, identify the number you can directly affect.

In our business, the number is sales qualified leads (SQLs). 

What is it for your business?

Consultant: New proposals sent?

Course creator: New email subscribers?

Saas: New trial signups?

What can YOU 100% control today that would lead to more revenue in the next few weeks? 

I know that in order to have our best month we need 60 SQLs. Being clear on that gives me a tangible target that I can then plan and strategize around. It crushes the fear and anxiety and focuses me on something I can actually change. 

Question #3: What 3-5 things could I do that would give me a 90% or greater chance to hit my key number? 

This is the fun part. By now you know you have a problem and you've identified the number you directly control that will fix your problem.

Now you need a simple plan. 

What are a handful of simple things you could do to hit your number?

I've found it important to keep these actions bite sized. Giant new initiatives are OK, but start them as small tests that are easily executed in a day or two. Otherwise you get bogged down and the whole system grinds to a halt.

For example a few things on our plan to hit 60 SQLs:

1. Create a Corona Recovery Package - a few simple bonus items that are added onto our typical coaching package to help ease concerns we've heard about making a purchasing decision now.

2. Daily Communication & Motivation -  a daily email that gives all the business owners in our audience a jolt of inspiration and motivation. A way to look at the current events as an opportunity and not a closed door. 

3. Show Examples - share examples of what clients are doing right now to make this 8 week stretch their best ever. 

...

Do you need help finding your key number and creating a plan to hit it? 

We can help you go on the offensive.

3 of our coaches have blocked out time for the next 2 days to talk with you about forming a plan to thrive.

Schedule a time with them here

-Bryan 


Bryan from Growth Tools

No comments