Do NOT sell to these customers (or risk killing your company)

There's one kind of customer you should never sell to, no matter how much money they're willing to pay you. I'm going to call them the wrong customer for now. Selling to them can kill your business. I know because I've seen it happen to hundreds of startups—including one of my own (almost). Yes, selling my product to the wrong customers almost bankrupted my startup.

Most business owners don't recognize the danger. They're concerned about closing more deals, not about closing the wrong deals. But you need to proactively protect yourself against this. 

That's why we've created a Non-Ideal Customer Profile at Close.io. And I recommend you do the same for your company (whatever stage you're at).

It helped us:

  • Build high-converting marketing campaigns
  • Get the entire team more focused and aligned
  • Get more high-quality referrals that did match our Ideal Customer Profile
  • Stop wasting valuable time and resources chasing deals that'll do more harm than good
Check out my latest post on the Close.io blog where I tell you exactly how to go about this. (I've got a neat quick process that fits into your busy day. All you need is really a simple 1-page document that covers a few crucial pieces of information).

Go get'em!
Steli

No comments