why i made this intern a co-founder of my company

Here's a thing I hear way too often: "I really want to ___, but I can't because ___." 

Usually it comes down to one of these:

  • I don't have the right network / don't know the right people
  • I don't have the money
  • I don't have the technical/business skills

If you've ever felt that way, please check out the story I share today on the Close.io blog. (Or pass it on to someone who should read it.)

It's about someone who hired himself as an unpaid intern at my startup many years ago, later became my co-founder, and is now a successful CEO in Silicon Valley.

I don't just share this story to inspire you. I want to remind you of some things you probably already know, but don't practice daily. See it as a little nudge that could make a big difference.

And now go get'em!
Steli

PS: If you don't have five minutes to check out the full story, please remember this: Once you commit yourself to something, you need to stop looking for reasons why you can't do it. Spoiler alert: You'll always find plenty. Instead, start looking for ways to do it anyway. [tweet this]

No comments